Tuesday, February 17, 2015

God Is Not My Co-Pilot

I can remember being young and seeing vanity plates on the front of various cars that would read "God Is My Co-Pilot".  My father even had one. I think it was the most popular inspirational phrase next to W.W.J.D!  I hadn't seen one of those plates since I was about ten years old until a few months ago.  I started smiling and reminiscing about my childhood when a thought came to me that, "huh, its amazing the things we fall for just because it sounds good!"  I continued to drive on without a second thought about the license plate.....

Few weeks later I was sitting at home looking at a movie.  The scene went something like this:  A beautiful young woman boards a plane.  As she was entering a handsome gentleman greeted her where in turn she wanted to know if the gentleman was the pilot, in which he responded, “Yes ma’am! Well actually the copilot.”  The beautiful lady’s smile fades and she continues to walk away while saying, “Sorry honey I only talk to first string players; Never second!”  Well I chuckled a bit because it further confirmed my thought process a few weeks back; CO-Pilots were not the business!  I started wondering what the duties of a co-pilot were, so I looked up the definition and it read as follows:

           Merriam-Webster            
               1.  A qualified pilot who assists or relieves the pilot but is NOT in command.

           Dictionary-Online
              1.  A pilot who is second in command of an aircraft; a relief pilot

Whoa!  I began to feel some kind of way when I read the definitions.  Had I made my Creator, my Savior, and my BE-IT-ALL a co-pilot before?  Had I tried to use different courses of action to solve a problem BEFORE going to God and asking Him to handle it?  YES!  I think we all have at one point or another!  With my actions I had told my father that He was only fit to take the wheel when I was tired of commanding my own life. I unconsciously told Him that though He created me, my abilities now superseded His and His services were no longer needed!     

There have been so many times where I took it upon myself to handle this, and fix that just to make a bigger mess of things!  I would cry and scream to the top of my lungs until I could no longer cry.  It wasn't until mental and physical exhaustion arose, did I bow down in total surrender and ask my Father for help!  Until I took the restraints off him and allowed Him to do what He does best!  As soon as I did...........Enough Said!

 Stop making God a Co-Pilot in your life.  Allow Him to navigate through the storms of your life while you sit in the aircraft (first class I might add) while He is in the cockpit!  No need to sit next to Him and be His co-pilot because unlike us, He doesn't need any help!  Until Next Time, Ciao for now!





No comments:

Post a Comment