Tuesday, July 16, 2019

CONSISTENTLY CONSISTENT




Hello loves!! I pray 2019 has been as amazing to you, as it has been for me thus far.  It has truly been eye opening and I must say...I haven't liked everything my eyes have been opened to but as I have learned, you can't correct what you will not confront!  

I woke up this morning feeling fearless and a little adventurous.......I got on the scale!!!  I avoid that thing like the plague, but today I needed to know if weight-loss was the result of my hard work and dedication. IT WAS!!  I was so excited!  I reminded myself in that moment that as long as I am consistent, the result will continue to show.  I became so motivated to do better and to be better.  I made my grocery list and committed to eating exactly what I purchased. No deterring from the plan!  I was quite proud of this declaration. I had been pressing through for months now and had plateaued in a big way. I was so proud of the number that came across the scale that I told myself, "Kenyetta you did that girl!  All that hard work is starting to pay off.  Now, when you feel like quitting, remember this moment and think of the end result.....A better, healthier YOU!"  I also thought that if I could stay consistent in my weight-loss journey on the days that were tough, on the days where I just didn't want to go to the gym, and on the days when I got on the scale and it moved in the wrong direction, then why couldn't I stay consistent in other areas of my life?

So many times I would create a budget for myself and do well for a few weeks.  I would stay out of certain stores.  I would unsubscribe from different email distro list to resist temptation.  I even would take credit cards out of my wallet so I wouldn't get the urge to shop.  This would work for months even! AND THEN....Semi-Annual sales would appear, or a dress that was $300 would go on sale for $75!!! I mean who could resist that?!  I would tell myself that I was doing good to get it at that price and this ONE time I could let go!  This would lead to new purses being purchased and new shoes being shipped to my home. So much so that the two closets in my room is NOT enough for my wardrobe.  Why?!!  Because I didn't tell myself that just because its a sale, doesn't mean its a sale for me!! Bottom line....I DIDN'T STAY CONSISTENT WITH MY COMMITMENT!!! 

We do so well in the beginning to whatever we commit to.  Whether it's budgeting, jobs, blogging, or even relationships. We make the decision to follow a specific guideline, while verbally declaring how we are "ALL IN."  What happens is, we are so proud of the work we do that we get comfortable in thinking that we have this commitment down to a science.  That we don't need to be "ON" at all times, when that is the furthest thing from the truth.  It's almost like the person who takes medicine to control an illness.   Each day they take the medicine like clockwork; never forgetting.  Some are so committed that they even take it at the same time each day.  The meds begin to do its job and somewhere we feel we are cured because after all we feel amazing!  Never do we associate the "amazing" feeling to the consistent use of the medicine, but rather how we feel in the moment.  We don't take in consideration that if we aren't consistent with use, that the illness could return and return even worse than before.

With anything we commit to, know this:   It can be tedious, taxing, and even boring at times.  You may not even see the fruits of your labor for a while, but just remember why you committed in the first place and the end-result you desire to see.  Nothing worth having comes easy! In consistence lies the VICTORY!!! Until next time! Ciao for now!





3 comments:

  1. That was truly inspiring to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I needed this. Very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is an inspiration as well as a truth that will enable others to reach their God given potential in life. KEEP doing what you're doing and stay blessed. Much love to you!

    ReplyDelete